Billing Clerk – Sanford Water District
April 2017 – Interviewing mid-May
Position: Billing Clerk
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, income protection plan, Maine Public Employees Retirement System, Flexible Spending Plan, Paid Sick and Vacation time
• Minimum of a high school diploma, higher education desirable
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
• Solid computer skills, proficient at data entry and utilization
• Experience with Tyler/MUNIS software desired
• Experience working for a Public Utility desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Possession of strong organizational and time management skills.
• Familiarity with Maine Public Utilities Commission regulations desirable
• Ability to work with customers and a courteous and positive manner
Position Summary: The Billing Clerk is responsible for all aspects of the billing process including data entry, collection and customer service, as well as additional clerical duties.
Summary of Job Duties and Skills:
• Manages all aspects of Utility Billing.
• Enters meter data, address changes, new accounts, and other associated data into the billing software.
• Executes processes associated with collection of delinquent utility accounts.
• Generates, issues and closes out service orders; schedules appointments
• Responds to customers at front desk by processing payments and assisting in a courteous manner.
• Types letters or reports occasionally as requested by the Business Manager.
• Various other office related duties
Additional information available by request
Please mail resumes to:
Sanford Water District
PO Box 650
Sanford, ME 04073