Licensed Plant Operator – Bar Harbor Water Division
*$4000 Hiring Bonus*
The Town of Bar Harbor Water Division has an immediate opening for a licensed water plant operator. The primary responsibilities of this position are to operate and maintain the Town’s water treatment plant and equipment ensuring all water analysis and treatment systems comply with drinking water regulations. Additionally, this person will aid the distribution system crew as required to operate and maintain the distribution system.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Responsibility and self-motivation
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Computer skills
- Mechanical abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and the general public
Minimum qualifications include:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent;
- A valid Maine Driver’s License; and
- The possession of or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire a Grade III Water Treatment and a Grade II Water Distribution Operator License.
Pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A $1,000 hiring bonus will be paid to the successful candidate upon commencement of employment and an additional $3,000 upon successful completion of their 6-month probationary period.
This is a full time, permanent position with competitive wages and excellent benefits. Applications are available online at www.barharbormaine.gov, or from the Water Division office by calling 288-3555. Send application and/or résumé to: Bar Harbor Water Division, 50 Public Works Way, Bar Harbor, ME 04609. The position will remain open until filled.